Creating Visibility and Accessibility
We were presented with a list of requirements. We determined that the principal needs of the property owner were visibility and accessibility. Here are the problems and how we solved them and the additional benefits that were gained in the process.
- Old driveway was overgrown.
- Property was not accessible.
- Visibility was not good enough to locate site for future barn/condo and log home.
- Fence crew needed access to build fence.
- Owner wanted to view property from future log home and barn/condo and navigate about on his ATV.
- Forestry mowed property line for fence building crew and ATV traffic.
- Privacy barrier of trees was maintained along front fence with trail close by.
- Forestry mowed a shaded fuel break in interior to provide access and visibility for land owner to locate pad site for barn/condo and log home.
- Shaded fuel break was enlarged to provide visibility from log home and barn/condo.
- Brush screen was left to conceal neighbor house.
- A new trail from rear property to log home area revealed interesting terrain and an extra large pine tree.
- The area under the pine tree was cleared and became a picnic destination at lunch time.
- A new entrance and driveway was cleared within the shaded fuel break.
- Large areas were left natural for budget constraints. However, more than enough was opened up for viewing pleasure and ATV rides.
- Even a location for deer hunting was provided (part of trail was enlarged.)
Forest and Land Management
I am writing on behalf of Carl Brockman, who performed land clearing for Black-capped Vireo habitat restoration for Travis County in February 2004. Mr. Brockman proved to be very professional and demonstrated a great deal of expertise, care and concern during all phases of the project. His understanding of native vegetation and our ultimate goal was paramount in allowing him to often work unsupervised. I strongly recommend his services for habitat restoration or manipulation. If you require any further information. please call me.Paul FushilleTravis County TNR
Thank you so much for the terrific job that you and your crew did in clearing the trees around my house last week. Things look nicer now than they have in years. Next time I need some tree work! You are at the top of my list.Chandier StolpAustin, Texas