Creating Visibility and Accessibility
We were presented with a list of requirements. We determined that the principal needs of the property owner were visibility and accessibility. Here are the problems and how we solved them and the additional benefits that were gained in the process.
- Old driveway was overgrown.
- Property was not accessible.
- Visibility was not good enough to locate site for future barn/condo and log home.
- Fence crew needed access to build fence.
- Owner wanted to view property from future log home and barn/condo and navigate about on his ATV.
- Forestry mowed property line for fence building crew and ATV traffic.
- Privacy barrier of trees was maintained along front fence with trail close by.
- Forestry mowed a shaded fuel break in interior to provide access and visibility for land owner to locate pad site for barn/condo and log home.
- Shaded fuel break was enlarged to provide visibility from log home and barn/condo.
- Brush screen was left to conceal neighbor house.
- A new trail from rear property to log home area revealed interesting terrain and an extra large pine tree.
- The area under the pine tree was cleared and became a picnic destination at lunch time.
- A new entrance and driveway was cleared within the shaded fuel break.
- Large areas were left natural for budget constraints. However, more than enough was opened up for viewing pleasure and ATV rides.
- Even a location for deer hunting was provided (part of trail was enlarged.)
Forest and Land Management
You and your crew did a wonderful job clearing and mulching at my place near McDade last winter. The woods were very overgrown after decades of neglect. In three days work, you and your crew removed a huge amount of brush and ‘fire ladders’, making a vast improvement for wildlife and fire safety. You listened to my requests but made numerous suggestions how to improve the plans that I had made, with the result of more benefits for wildlife and more beauty to appreciate. I was astonished how you guys could work fast and accomplish a lot with the big forestry mower, yet leave unscathed even small bushes we wanted to save. You taught me a lot about taking care of the place and the new pathways and pocket meadows have been a joy for me and my family. I’m looking forward to having you do more this year. Let me mention that all our interactions were very professional, your team came when you said they would, and I can’t think of anything to complain about. I recommended you to my neighbors and I’m happy to answer any questions about your work. Best regards, Dave Naumann Mc Dade, TX and Hoboken, NJDave NaumannLand Steward
I would be happy to give you and your crew a positive review. We got a lot accomplished last week and are glad to have the place opened up. Now we can see and traverse our hillside property and creek bottom that was previously hidden and nearly inaccessible. After thinning and mulching the cedars, we can get around and enjoy the natural beauty of the land, and appreciate the oaks, elm, pecan and other native tree species. Looking forward to working with you again!James & Jordan TunnellLand Steward