Creating Visibility and Accessibility
We were presented with a list of requirements. We determined that the principal needs of the property owner were visibility and accessibility. Here are the problems and how we solved them and the additional benefits that were gained in the process.
- Old driveway was overgrown.
- Property was not accessible.
- Visibility was not good enough to locate site for future barn/condo and log home.
- Fence crew needed access to build fence.
- Owner wanted to view property from future log home and barn/condo and navigate about on his ATV.
- Forestry mowed property line for fence building crew and ATV traffic.
- Privacy barrier of trees was maintained along front fence with trail close by.
- Forestry mowed a shaded fuel break in interior to provide access and visibility for land owner to locate pad site for barn/condo and log home.
- Shaded fuel break was enlarged to provide visibility from log home and barn/condo.
- Brush screen was left to conceal neighbor house.
- A new trail from rear property to log home area revealed interesting terrain and an extra large pine tree.
- The area under the pine tree was cleared and became a picnic destination at lunch time.
- A new entrance and driveway was cleared within the shaded fuel break.
- Large areas were left natural for budget constraints. However, more than enough was opened up for viewing pleasure and ATV rides.
- Even a location for deer hunting was provided (part of trail was enlarged.)
Forest and Land Management
I would be happy to give you and your crew a positive review. We got a lot accomplished last week and are glad to have the place opened up. Now we can see and traverse our hillside property and creek bottom that was previously hidden and nearly inaccessible. After thinning and mulching the cedars, we can get around and enjoy the natural beauty of the land, and appreciate the oaks, elm, pecan and other native tree species. Looking forward to working with you again!James & Jordan TunnellLand Steward
We have been using Texas Natural / Trees Unlimited since 2015. Carl, Jose and Rocky do awesome work! They work very well together and are very sensitive to a landowners needs and wants, no matter how eclectic. We love to have them work for us. They even follow some of our weirdness. We want persimmon and Agarita plants left alone. They know we like old growth Cedar and all other trees are to be cared for. In our case, much of our land was hopelessly overgrown with cedar. Selective clearing has provided an AMAZING transformation of the area. The guys have made several trails for us providing access to land that was previously impassable. Opened up pastures to usable area for grazing. One area they call the football field. Their work has allowed us to enjoy our place even more! The last trip for them is a newer machine and seems do much more than the original machine of 2015. We love being allowed to work with them! Rocky has taught us ways to help work more efficiency. We are still learning things. We catch ourselves planning their next visit before they're done with the current one. We really look forward to them coming out and opening our place up for us to enjoy. We gladly give Texas Natural our highest recommendation! The Hotmann's Craig and MaryannCraig & Maryann HottmanLand Steward