Brush and Small Tree Management Project
The below plan incorporates defensible space for residents as well as modifying the environment for reintroduction of Houston Toad to pond.
Natural Texas implemented the mechanical brush management aspect of the plan, plus additional work on the forest side of house.
Following is a description of the type of work as coresponding to the numbers on the satellite view above:
- Enlarged natural meadows by mowing encroaching brush & small trees.
- Arborists cut down large hazardous leaning trees from over fence, and forestry mowed their canopy. Cut large trunks into pieces for owners to move.
- Mechanically removed brush and small trees leaving quality hardwoods. Arborist pulled debris hanging from adjacent trees and from areas too narrow for forestry mower.
- Left very large drought-killed hardwoods for later.
- For Houston Toad, arborists hand cleared brush and small trees close to pond while leaving plenty of shade for them. Area adjacent to pond was cleared to facilitate their mobility.
- Arborists pruned brush and small trees to make transition from yard/lawn to natural area.
Forest and Land Management
I would be happy to give you and your crew a positive review. We got a lot accomplished last week and are glad to have the place opened up. Now we can see and traverse our hillside property and creek bottom that was previously hidden and nearly inaccessible. After thinning and mulching the cedars, we can get around and enjoy the natural beauty of the land, and appreciate the oaks, elm, pecan and other native tree species. Looking forward to working with you again!James & Jordan TunnellLand Steward
Carl, we want you to know how much we are enjoying the results of your crew's work. They were wonderful to work with and the end results were better than we hoped for. Again thank you.Brenham, TXread more